Moss Inhibitor: The Key to a Moss-Free Roof
As a home or business owner, you may have experienced the frustrating problem of moss growth on your roof. Not only does moss make your roof look unsightly, but it can also cause damage to your roof shingles and compromise the integrity of your roof. That’s why it’s crucial to not only remove the moss from your roof but also apply a moss inhibitor to prevent it from coming back. Sound Cleaning recently completed roof cleaning to remove moss for an assisted living community in Bothell and applied moss inhibitor to help keep their roofs moss free between their annual services. The results from the assisted living community pictured below show how much better you can keep your roof looking with roof cleaning and regular moss inhibitor treatment!
Roof cleaning is an essential maintenance task that should be done periodically to keep your roof in good condition. However, simply cleaning the moss off your roof is not enough to ensure that it won’t return. Moss is a persistent plant that can easily grow back if not properly addressed, especially in areas with damp and shaded conditions, which are ideal for moss growth.
This is where a moss inhibitor comes into play. A moss inhibitor is a specially formulated solution that is designed to prevent moss from regrowing on your roof after it has been cleaned. It creates a protective barrier on your roof that inhibits moss growth, helping to keep your roof moss-free for longer periods of time.
Why is applying moss inhibitor important?
- 1. Prevents Moss Regrowth: Moss inhibitors are specifically formulated to target and inhibit the growth of moss. They work by preventing spores from germinating and taking root on your roof, effectively stopping moss from regrowing. By applying a moss inhibitor, you can significantly reduce the chances of moss returning to your roof and save yourself from the hassle of repeated roof cleanings.
- 2. Protects Your Roof: Moss can cause damage to your roof by trapping moisture, which can lead to the deterioration of shingles and create an environment for rot and decay. Applying a moss inhibitor after roof cleaning helps protect your roof from further damage by preventing moss from taking hold and growing. It helps extend the lifespan of your roof and ensures it remains in good condition for years to come.
- 3. Saves Money and Time: Roof cleaning can be a time-consuming and costly process. By applying a moss inhibitor, you can prolong the effectiveness of your roof cleaning efforts and reduce the frequency of cleaning needed. We suggest re-applying moss inhibitor at least once annually during regular gutter cleaning services to keep your roof moss free.
- 4. Enhances Curb Appeal: A moss-free roof looks clean and well-maintained, enhancing the curb appeal of your property. Moss growth can make your roof look dirty, aged, and unattractive, which can negatively impact the overall aesthetics of your home. Treating your roof with moss inhibitor helps keep your roof looking fresh and clean, improving the overall appearance of your property and maintaining its value.
- 5. Promotes a Healthy Living Environment: Moss growth on your roof can affect the air quality inside your building. As moss traps moisture, it can create an environment conducive to mold and mildew growth, which can lead to respiratory issues and other health problems. By applying a moss inhibitor, you can create a healthier environment by preventing moss from taking hold and reducing the risk of mold and mildew growth.
Applying moss inhibitor after roof cleaning is crucial in maintaining a moss-free roof. It helps prevent moss regrowth, protects your roof from damage, saves you money and time, enhances the curb appeal of your building, and promotes a healthy living environment. The owner of Sound Cleaning, Matt, had his roof cleaned due to heavy moss that had accumulated prior to purchasing the home. The roof was cleaned once and moss inhibitor has been applied every year since and there has been no moss, mildew, algae, etc. whatsoever. If you’re planning to clean moss from your roof and want to keep it off, Sound Cleaning is here to help!
- Read more about our Commercial Roof Cleaning and Residential Roof Cleaning services!
Roof Cleaning and Moss Inhibitor Application Results